Rotational Banner

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Black and Chrome

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with a friend who owns an Inferno Orange Metallic 1LT 2010 Camaro. He has owned his Camaro for about a year, so the number of modifications done to his car are far more than mine; both performance and cosmetic. One of his mods was a tail light black out kit. It really made his car look more aggressive. I asked him about it, and he told me it costed $30. A small cost for a lot of gain. So I go to eBay, and bought the black out kit from the Camaro Decal Store. If you are planning on buying a set, please hold no reserve. It is an easy install, took me around 30 minutes for all my lights. The seller, Reggie, is very trustworthy and has gotten a lot of positive comments ;)
Take a look at the picture. For a black car, I kept all the chrome pieces the way they are. I just like the contrast of the black and chrome. Some people I noticed, can't stand the chrome. So they sanded down the chrome and painted it. However, if you are an owner of a BLACK Camaro, I highly recommend you keep the chrome. Black may be one of the only colors that doesn't make chrome look tacky.

But I should give fair warning, that shouldn't give you the impression you should OVER chrome your car. I admit, when I first got the Camaro, I wanted to chrome a lot of the car... it would have been a big mistake, and thankfully I did not go down that road.
As you can see in the close up shot, the blackout isn't a typical tint job. It is actually perforated cling on vinyl. The install job just requires you to clean the surface, heat up the vinyl, and stick it on. Don't worry about making mistakes, because the backside of the vinyl is not adhesive, so you can re-do it as many times as you want. Once you get the product in the right position, you just rub a towel over the blackout to create a static charge. So far, it is held on quite nicely. I really just love the new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!