Rotational Banner

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A summary of 2010

Most of the time, I'm sure that I'm just writing into the void, since this blog only started out as a way for me to keep track of what I do to my car. Since the beginning of the blog, I have gotten more views, both on my youtube account and my blog. This lead me to believe, "Hey! People actually read my stuff."

Therefore, I thank those of you who actually read my blog posts from time to time. I'd like to think my DIYs or product reviews actually help you guys.

Okay, well, onto the purpose of this post. For those who know me in person, or who have been reading the blog from the start, I brought my Camaro home on April 6th, 2010. This is a significant day for me, not only was it the day I brought back this beautiful car, it was also the day I started to care and learn about cars. I don't know what to say, without this Camaro, I may have never learned how to change my own oil, remove a car bumper, install an intake system, paint my own engine cover, or create my first circuit.

The number of mods I have gotten done, the amount of time and money I have spent, and the blood and sweat that I literally went through to get my car to where it is today, is just mind blowing to me. If you asked me about cars a year ago, I wouldn't even be able to tell you how much torque my engine puts out at the fly wheel. But now I'm servicing my own car? Haha, crazy eh?

Well, if you wondered how much I have done/spent since April 6th, 2010, here is your answer:

--COSMETIC/MISC MODS--
4 Gauge Auxiliary Pack - $370 (Thanks Gene @ GM Parts House USA)
Floor Mats - $110
Splash Guards - $145
Car Cover - $255
Racing Pedals - $80
Billet Door Plates - $80
Door Sills - $190
Tail Light Blackouts - $30 (Thanks Reggie @ The Camaro Decal Store)
Sequential Tail Lights - $100 (Thanks Web Electric)
HOD Headlights/LED fog lights/Red Footwell Lights/Interior Conversion kit - $215 (Thanks Darren @ Whiplash Auto)
Stillen Front Splitter - $150 (Thanks Josh @ Stillen)
Engine Cover/Fuse Box paint - $50

--PERFORMANCE MODS--
Injen Cold Air Intake - $320
Corsa Catback Exhaust - $1150 (Thanks Ivan @ Southwest Speed)

To the people I thanked above, you guys know who you are, you've done a great deal for helping me in my project. The guys I have mentioned are awesome guys, either they gave me huge discounts, or gave me free gifts as a token of their appreciation. All have provided excellent customer service, no bias, just facts.

That was basically 2010 in a nutshell. I know the year is not quite over yet, I will continue to post from time to time, but it won't really be about mods. Some financial lifestyle changes are taking place in my life right now, so I don't really have the budget to continue modding this year. However, the modifications will carry on in 2011 for sure. If you're as curious as I am about what I'll be doing next, then be sure to stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!