Rotational Banner

Friday, March 2, 2012

GoPro HD Hero 2 tests on the Audi R8

I had an opportunity to test out the capabilities of the new GoPro camera yesterday as Puyang and I headed down to the showrooms of Mercedes Benz, BMW and Audi. We were looking at some of the new 2012 models, and when we weren't test driving, or just sitting in the high end leather wrapped interiors, I took the opportunity to try out some of the new features and sought to see if GoPro's claim of the camera being two times better held any truth.





Now, these are actually screen captures I took from a test video I've edited. The original footage was shot at 1080p HD and rendered out as 720p HD. I've also adjusted the color and contrast so it looks extra sharp. However, the video quality was indeed better than the previous GoPro version. I'm not sure if it's really two times better, but there is a definite added crispness to the videos. The test video I shot was with one of the new functions included in the HD Hero 2: 90 Degree Narrow FOV (Field of View).

With the new FOV options, the new GoPro really is a lot more versatile than before. Now I don't have to be forced to make everything look so distorted with the fish eye lens. 90 Degree FOV works really well capturing things like cars, because it won't distort the lines too much. To be really honest, I was getting tired of the wide angle lens. This is sure to change the game!

I won't be posting this test video, sorry for the people who want to see it, but it has been a great experiment as I got to try out all sorts of new techniques for editing and shooting. Hopefully, you guys will see it in the future videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!