Rotational Banner

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Project Red Continues

After finishing the Ignition Ring, Ashtray, and the Lamco Boost Gauge lighting conversions, I thought it was about time I tackle something on a larger scale. I am happy to announce that I have finally finished the HVAC (Heater, Ventilator, and Air Condition) lighting conversion!

Ready to work.

Converting the stock LEDs to illuminate red with plastic overlays.

Adding additional LEDs to each dial for maximum effectiveness.

Another step closer!

Keeping it simple.

A neat and clean finish!

Looks decent in the day.

Matched! Uh, except the Head Unit... for now.

Close up of the finished product.

The photos make it look like the dials have hot spots. However, take my word for it, they look absolutely perfect with the naked eye. They are a perfect match with the STI's dash gauges as well. You can also dim these HVAC lights with the same dimming switch as the gauge cluster. I will admit that this mod took me longer than I thought, but I only paid two dollars for 50 LEDs and 50 resistors, so I'm not complaining.

I will be posting a full DIY video for you guys as soon as I get it edited and rendered. I'll write up more specifics later on. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!