Rotational Banner

Thursday, May 16, 2013

New Arsenal Arrival

For nearly three years, Machine Zealots has been using only GoPro Cameras for our YouTube show. GoPro has been kind enough to sponsor us two cameras, which helped and will continue to help us with our videos. Although the GoPros were extremely versatile, I had found them to be limiting in several different ways. The biggest problem I had with the GoPro Camera was that it didn't have an adjustable lens. Without a manual focus lens, it lacked depth of field. If we were to continue in making quality films, I felt that a new camera would definitely benefit our production quality from here on.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a lot of goodies that will potentially add to our video content: Canon EOS 5D Mk. III, Rode Videomic Pro, Revo Video Shoulder Support Rig, extra batteries, memory cards, and more.

The entire film production kit is here.

The Canon DSLR mounted on the shoulder rig with video mic attached.

The camera is gorgeous and the other items are high quality stuff as well. After charging the batteries for the camera and the microphone, I took it out to the cars for a film test. I am still getting to know the camera as I'm writing this, but hopefully I'll soon have a firm grasp on working with this camera. In the meantime, take a look at the screen shots from some video experiments I played around with.

Very versatile lens: EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM.

Playing with the depth of field.

Testing some light leaks on film.

I am very excited to start working with these new tools, and I hope you guys will enjoy the videos to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave questions or comments!